Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What A Difference A Day Makes

Good Morning All-
Well I finally got some much needed sleep.  After a great visit with my cousin Courtney who works at the hospital, I dozed off for a good 6 solid hours!  Unfortunately when I woke up I felt like I had been run over by a freight train.  Wow, that Melphalan is some powerful stuff!!  I guess this means it is doing its job.  So far I am feeling completely wiped from any energy I might have and of course I have somee nausea.  The nurses are great here and keep giving me nausea meds but I haven't felt too much relief yet.  I woke up and found a lot of hair on my pillow. So I guess I'll be saying goodbye to what little hair I have on my head.  Yesterday my scalp felt like I had a pin cushion and pins and needles were being poked into it.  After my shower whenever I touched my head the hair just fell off like a shedding dog.  I am glad I buzzed it when I did I think it would have been that much more difficult to watch big clumps fall out.  Still it is hard to believe that in a few days I will be completely bald.  Of course, no one is really making much of a fashion statement here in the "fish bowls". 

Well, I am going to try to get a little rest now. Today is day 2 of treatment.  Thanks for all your love and support.

Love
Jeanie

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Jean, You're in my thoughts and prayers. Stay tough!

    Love,

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jeannie, I am glad you got some rest. I will see you later today. Always in our thoughts & prayers. Love Auntie Sue & Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jean, Just read your latest post and watched your latest videos. Love what you have done to your space! Your neverending humor throughout all of this is truly an inspiration. Seems like those cancer killing meds are really doing their job. Keep up your strength and spirits, for we are all rooting for you! Sending you all of our love, Judy and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean,
    Keep up the good work. You are getting there!!

    Kris Hayden

    ReplyDelete