Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day +10 My Numbers Are Slowly Rising

Well it's Day +10 since the transplant.  I am happy to report that my White Blood  Count finally has taken a move in the right direction.  Wahoo!  My numbers are slowly increasing.  This is what we have been waiting for!  Finally!  Hopefully the numbers will increase at a rapid rate of the next several days.  I wish I could say my energy has increased.  But that is not the case.  I guess all this stem cell grafting takes a toll on the body.  I slept until 9 this morning!  The nurses couldn't believe it.  I usually up and showered before 8. 

My parents came in this morning.  We had a great visit.  It sounds like they are really enjoying all the Dreyer Chaos,   They shared some funny stories with me.  It was so great to see them.  After visiting me they were going to see My Aunt Mary and Uncle Jerry.

After they left I managed to stay awake long enough to eat lunch and then I took a long nap.  I still feel like I could sleep for hours.  I have never felt so exhausted in my life. I just realized it will be 14 days tomorrow that I have been in this bed in this fishbowl.  Crazy!  It probably is good I sleep most of the time or I would probably be climbing the walls by now.

Mike informed me that he brought up the 20 bins of Christmas decorations.  I think he is overwhelmed with it all.  I did let him  know that it usually takes me over a week to put it all up.  The kids are having fun going through all the decorations.  Check out the photo he sent to me:

Sarah and Emily dressing up Flower!
It looks like a brisk cold day outside.  I cannot wait to feel the cold on my face!  Hopefully this will be a healing week for me and I'll be looking at going home by next weekend.  Please keep your prayers and positive thoughts coming.  I dream of the day I can leave and give Mike and the kids a big hug!  Until then I am going to sleep, sleep , and sleep some more!

Love,
Jeanie

1 comment:

  1. Jean,
    So glad to hear your numbers are increasing. I know it probably seems like forever that you've been in your fishbowl, but it sounds like all of the resting you are doing is really paying off! I love this picture of your girls...they are so adorable! Just think, hopefully next Sunday at this time, you'll be home, in your own house, reunited again with your beautiful family! We're thinking of you and praying that your numbers will continue to rise. Keep up the positive thoughts...you'll soon be home free!
    Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete