Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 3 Still Here!

Good Morning!  Well we received the call at 11 pm last night that we were 50,000 stem cells short of the 8 million needed!  So here we are again!  On the bright side I get to have another one of the yummy blueberry muffins they have here for breakfast.  I also get to spend the day watching my favorite shows on Hulu and chatting with my transplant buddies I will be spending lots of time with next week.

Mike and I are exhausted.  It is so tough sitting in a room with no windows for 8-9 hours a day.  At least I have a bed to lie in.  Mike has to sit in an uncomfortable chair all day.  My veins have been beat up.  Yesterday I had an incidence where my hand blew up and was actually turning blue.  Apparently it was the anti-coagualants.  It freaked me out.  They had to pull out my line and start new one in a new vein.  Although I have wonderful veins, all the nurses have told me, they have taken a beating.  I am one of the only patients in here without my hickman line put in.  I receive that on Monday.  I am wishing I already had it in put on.  Oh well!  My advice to anyone getting a stem cell transplant, get your line put in prior to the collection to save your veins and the pain of all the poking!

We are missing the kids and Flower so much.  The kids seem to be doing great; however, Mimi told us today that Flower finally ate after 3 days.  Poor baby misses her mommy and daddy.  We are hoping to go home tonight.  I have 4 days until I head to the hospital and I want to be home.  I have things to do, and hugs and kisses to give to my kids before I am in isolation for 3 weeks.

Well gotta go for now as I am ready to get hooked up again. 

2 comments:

  1. Jean,
    Keep up the good work. You are doing so great. It is a trying process for sure. I have been thinking about you all the time!!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Jean, You go girl you are amazing. I hope you get some needed rest tonight. Love You Aunt Sue XOXO

    ReplyDelete