Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Countdown-1 More Hour Until Stem Cell Rescue

We are about 1 hour before Stem Cell Rescue! Mike, myself and my IV Pole we call George just took a stroll about 30 feet in each direction of the short hallway outside my room.  Right now I am getting pumped with lots of fluids.  Next comes the good stuff. I will be getting some Benedryl and Zofran.  And then the stem cells will arrive.  We are going to have them blessed.  I feel at this point I can use all the blessings I can get.

Mikey will take some photos of the event.  For now, we are watching mindless tv.  Mikey is enjoying the last few moments that my room is not stinky.  Apparently the solution (DMSO) the stem cells are preserved in let out a gas that is similar to a rotten egg smell.  I guess I won't be getting too many visitors soon.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you nothing but the best today!!! Tell Mike to pretend Flower is there with you guys and he can blame the smell on her! :-) Looking forward to your post later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jean. You are almost there. I would suggest that you will smell like creamed corn. Maybe a step up from rotten eggs. Let me know.

    Kris Hayden

    ReplyDelete