Monday, November 8, 2010

More on the stem cell party

It's Suzi here reporting from Jeanie's stem cell collection party!  Once again, I'm in awe of Jeanie.  She looks amazing, even with her arm taped to a pillow and tubes in both arms, she's beautiful. And, her spirits are great.  I was wondering what to expect when I arrived this morning.  I knew what to expect at SNHMC for chemo treatments - a fun morning of conversation and awesome nurses.  Such a personal experience there.  When I arrived here at Dana Farber for day 1 of Jeanie's stem cell collection, Mike greeted me in the waiting room and walked me through the patient area to where Jeanie's bed is, and I saw her hooked up to the giant machine that Mike fondly nicknamed the giant thinga-majig.  What an amazing piece of equipment!  It looks like a color-coded road map.  Watching it take the blood and separate out the stem cells is unbelievable! Every now and then, one of the machines starts beeping, and in seconds a nurse appears to check things out. The nurses here are so knowledgeable and reassuring, and I know that Jeanie is in superb hands.  And with all of this happening, she has a smile on her face.  That's the best medicine for all of us!

Hugs!
Suzi

No comments:

Post a Comment