Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bottoming Out!

I have hit pretty much rock bottom as they put it.  Yup I am reporting from my fishbowl with zero immune system.  Pretty scary.  I am actually quite relieved I am in my bubble in this moment.  I got the results from my doctor this morning and they informed me that I am indeed in what is considered a neutropenic state.  And it seems along with my white blood count, my energy has gone down as well.  I did manage to take a little "power walk" outside my bubble this morning but I have spent most of the day either sleeping or just lying in bed daydreaming. 

I am waiting for Mike to come in and see me.  He should be here any moment.  I wasn't able to come yesterday, and it seems like a lifetime ago that I have seen him.  It gets pretty lonely in here.  Fortunately my nurses are fantastic and keep me smiling and laughing.  Thanks for all your wonderful messages and for all of you who are helping my family through your prayers, thoughts, emails, and wonderful meals that you are making.  I wish I had the energy to respond to all of your individually but you know who you are.  I am so blessed to have all of you in my life and I will be forever grateful to you all. 

Well I don't have too much more to excite you with and I don't have a whole lot of energy to type today.  Just know that I am feeling ok and my body is doing all that it is supposed to be doing. With each day my health and energy will improve. 

Love
Jeanie

5 comments:

  1. Love you Jean, Thinking of you and hope that the days fly by until you are home with the kids. We are sending you all our love & prayers. God Bless. Love Auntie Sue XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,
    You are almost there. From this point on you will feel better and better. I promise. You will be amazed at how your energy comes back. Not having anymore chemo is the best!!! You will look back with disbelief because you will have so much energy and no pain!!! Keep going. You are almost there. Stay strong.
    Kris Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all uphill from here Jean! Hang in there.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, we are all thinking and praying for you. I know you will do great. Keep those positive thoughts moving you forward and know that soon this whole process will be a memory to look back on. Wishing you the best, Jack

    ps: thanks for the birthday post:-}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Jean and stay positive! You have completed one full week under your belt. I am praying that the next couple of weeks fly by. You will be home before you know it with your beautiful family. I am confident that the stem cells are doing their job......You will beat this terrible disease!!!! We are keeing you, Mike and your wonderful children in our thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing person and an inspiration to all. Be strong!!!!!

    Love,
    The Buckleys

    ReplyDelete