Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just What The Doctor Ordered......A Healthy Dose Of Fun!

Well I am one day away from the receiving my Cytoxin.  Yup tomorrow is the day they bring out the  big guns!  They give me the BIG JUICE!!!!!!  Everything I am reading tells me how tired and ill I am going to feel.  Lovely, huh?  Nothing like knowing what lies ahead.  In this crazy year of uncertainty, I have a hunch of one thing.....I am about to feel like crap!!!

So should sit I around and be depressed about?  Well I could.  But wouldn't that suck?  I mean I will be doing enough of that in the next couple of months.  So, it was time to allow myself to have a little fun. It started last Saturday night.  Our great friends Phil and Diana had their first and hopefully annual Halloween Party in the neighborhood.  Mike usually hates dressing up.  But he knew this year it's not about him!  So he agreed to not only dress up,  but really really dress up and totally get into it!!  And best of all, we totally kept our costumes a secret!  I dressed up as the sexy Nurse Candy complete with pigtails!  I have to admit although typically I would be a little out of my comfort zone in this costume.... I loved it!  And Mike, well he was dressed as Ralph, the creepy horny patient.  Before the party Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth, Snookie and Pauly D joined us!
Ralph my scary horny patient and me!

The Dog Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth, Pauly D and Snookie, me and Ralph!

Suz, Jen and me
Phil and me!  Caught you staring Phil!!
Diana and me

We had a blast and it was so great to forget about cancer and all the scary stuff ahead!

Yesterday was also such a fun day.  My little posse of the best girlfriends a girl could ask for joined me at the Wig Shop.  Reality once again was kicking in.  The storm is approaching faster than I want it to!  Well a little Ativan and girlfriends waiting for me and determined to make a depressing situation fun quickly took away my panic attack!  We had so much fun trying on all the bandanas and hats.  My friend Shayna, a breast cancer survivor was there with me to show me the ropes!    Four years ago she was in the very same shop in my place.  Today, she is healthy, strong and beautiful and such an inspiration to me! Although Beth, Suzi and Leslie have never been the "cancer patient"  they took every step with me, trying on all the bandannas and wigs and made me laugh more than I have in a long time.  I know how hard this was on all of them as well, but they were so strong. I love them all so much.  You are my rock and you give me so much strength!


BFF Beth and me
BFF Suzi and me
Shayna, Leslie, Suz, Me and Beth
Me sporting the Jennifer Aniston wig!
Blondes do have more fun!
Having fun with our Sexy New Looks!
Love this photo!!  That is what my friends have done for me, carried and supported me with so much love and support!
Check out some of the photos from the day.  Funny thing, we were shoved in a room full of bras trying on all the bandanas.  Next it was time to try on some wigs!  I don't plan on wearing one, but we had blast sporting the new sexy looks!  I love shots!  Who knew I could have so much prepping to lose my hair!  Speaking of, Saturday is the big day.  My beautiful friend Diana is coming over to the honors!  We decided to make a party of it.  So stay tuned for my updates over the weekend.  This is going to be a tough one for me.  I feel so vane writing that.  I really don't think I am that attached to my hair.  I honestly think it is a more psychological thing than anything.  It is the start of my journey.  And I will look like a cancer patient.  That is what I am, right?  Can't hide it and can't deny it!  I got the big "C"!!!

Well, I need to wrap this up for now.  Today I have a doctor's appointment to find out all about what I can expect from tomorrow's treatment.  Tomorrow is the start of my challenging days ahead.   But today I am feeling healthy, strong, loved and supported! xo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jean,
    I love your pictures and your friends seem truly awesome. It is wonderful that you have so much support. You will get through this with flying colors. I just know it!! Keep up your positive attitude and know you will be fine in the end!!!
    You go girl!
    Kris Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie,
    Love all the pictures!!! I so wished I could have been a part of yesterday :( I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you head into the challenging part of your treatment. You have such a positive attitude and a mountain full of friends who love you....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
    OXOXOXO Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean,


    If anyone can get through this, I know you can, you had great times up to this point with awesome friends, that is a gift you will treasure, I know there are many, many more gifts coming your way and the biggest one of all will be when you are cancer free, I love you.
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete