Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day +14 I'm On My Way Home!

I cannot believe this day has arrived.  I am at a loss words to express the emotions I am feeling right now.  A few moments ago I had my Hickman Line removed from my chest.  My incredible nurse Nori held my hand the whole time as tears fell down my face.  Not from any pain I was feeling from the procedure, but for the incredible emotions I am feeling.  I cannot believe after the last 6 months of fear and uncertainty, the last 3 weeks being away from my family,  I am coming home.  I am leaving this hospital with a whole new chance on life.  I am so incredibly thankful for the incredible hospital team at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Dana Farber and of course  my local Oncologist Office at Southern NH Medical.  Because of all of you,  the incredible  advances in medicine, the incredible love and support I received from my family, friends, neighbors and even strangers, I am coming home .  I feel so incredibly blessed and am so thankful for this beautiful day.  The future is always uncertain but this very day is an incredible day and  one I will never forget. 

Love to all of  you for giving me my life!

Jeanie
xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. Jean,
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!! Way to go. You made my day. Congrats to you and your family.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are so happy for you, Mike and the kids. I know how hard this has been for you to be away from your family. Keep up the good work and make sure you take care of Jeanie and don't do to much. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers. Love Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I cannot even imagine how exstatic you must be! Congradulations to you Jean!!! You did it, you made it!! Cant wait to see your next few posts from HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Jean! It must NE great to be home and past this chapter. Take care...
    Love,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congradulations, Jeanie!!!!! You made it. I knew you could do it. I can't imagine what you and your family has gone through but you ALL did it! Christmas has definatley come early to your house....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanie, I thought about you all day yesterday. I hope you got to love all over your family. May God continue to guide you on your next part of the journey.

    Love and Prayers-
    Jill Ernst
    Indiana

    ReplyDelete