Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 63 -Sunny Days Ahead!

Today was filled with wonderful moments.  This morning I was determined to finally pin down our summer vacation house down the cape.  I have spent the last two weeks going through hundreds of properties online.  This morning I found the perfect one.  It is a beautiful home right in Chatham, MA right on the water.  We are going to spend a week in August down there, everyone including Flower.  The kids are over the top with the idea that they can wake up every morning and go fishing right out the backyard!  It is so great to make plans.  Plans 6 months from now.  I didn't think we could do it!  But we did!  And perfect timing to think of sunny days ahead, as we prepare for yet another snowstorm tonight and temps in the single digits!


This afternoon I hit the trails on snowshoes with Beth and our dogs!  On my drive to Groton, I couldn't help but reflect about the last time I was on shoes.  It was last winter, same place with Beth and the dogs.  It was pre-cancer when life was simple.....happy times.  Well, as soon as I put my shoes on and the dogs ran without leash, I felt alive again!  So great to out there on the trails on a crisp sunny winter day.  I felt alive inside again.  God it felt great!  I even gave into my hot flash and whipped my hat off.  Why the hell not! 








Yesterday was a tough day.  I guess it's like New England weather, if you don't like it wait a minute.  Well Today I am on  Day 63 since my transplant.  Physically and emotionally today, I'll give me a 9!!   


PS:  Have you looked at the moon tonight?  It's beautiful!


Love,
Jeanie
xo 

3 comments:

  1. Oh to see you have a great day is such a wonderful feeling. since reconnecting over the past couple years ago on facebook, learning of your immense struggle I look for your post every day. Tonight driving home I saw the MOON! and stopped to look.. :)

    Yesterday I shed tears of sadness today I breath a sigh of relief Jeanie... You are doing something actively to fight it. You get up everyday and fight! So much more than many others are able to do. Keep it up! I admire you.

    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on....a 9!!!! Keep dominating Jean!!! -Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean,
    I read about you on MM for Dummies and am so touched by your story. I am a Grandma to two sets of girl/boy twins and love the picture of you with your beautiful twins. My husband was diagnosed with MM after a biopsy of a plasmacytoma on his sacrum. Surgery wasn't an option, so chemo and radiation were our next steps. It was such a foreign world to us one year ago...

    So happy for sunny days ahead, renewed energy, strength, activity and hope!

    Linda and Big EZ Baker

    ReplyDelete